RCM3™ Introductory Course
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to RCM3™ and its principles. It is intended for those who wish to reduce operational and maintenance risks while securing optimum performance from physical assets, from the viewpoint of safety, environmental integrity, output, product quality or customer service.
This course walks participants through the RCM3 process – the next generation RCM – and extends the thought process and rigor of our robust RCM2™ methodology. RCM3 is applied when asset owners want to reduce the operational and maintenance risks associated with their physical assets to achieve the inherent safety and reliability capabilities of assets at a minimum cost.
During the three-day course, you will learn the fundamentals of modern physical asset performance management and highlight the business case for reliability. Today more than ever there is a burning need to increase asset performance while reducing costs. This is not a new concept as a typical asset undergoes between 30 and 50 reliability, maintenance and production optimization initiatives per year. A key to ensuring success is to shift from the conventional repair and modification approaches to a focus on risk mitigation – the core principle of RCM3.
RCM3 is used to define your maintenance strategy and other engineering, operations and business strategies. A central problem addressed with RCM3 is how to determine which maintenance tasks, if any, should be applied to an item and how frequently assigned tasks should be accomplished. The content of this three-day course can be readily assimilated by maintenance and operations people at all levels. The course teaches you to apply best practices to answering the eight questions of RCM3 using a case study approach. The group explores the steps and issues concerning the application and implementation of the analysis to ensure that the desired benefits are attained.
The RCM3 book is excellent material to read and kept me occupied for last month or so. I was extremely enjoying that process. It is thorough and very easy to understand and follow. The Binder you had given us last year is also super user-friendly and helps with brushing through the concepts. I will highly recommend my peers read this book. Years and years of hard work is thoroughly visible in the content of the book and material.
Once again thanks for letting me take this exam and in the process making me read through each and every line in the book.
By Participating You Will Learn How RCM3:
- Helps you develop your risk management strategies
- Helps you select tasks that are technically feasible and worth doing
- Focuses on the reality of failure
- Ensures understanding and cooperation between operations and maintenance for successful asset management
- Provides a common language and a common set of values for maintenance and operations
- Above all, enables organizations to make the right asset management choices for optimal equipment performance
- Puts maintenance with international standards such as ISO 55001 for physical asset management and ISO 31000 for risk management
This course is a prerequisite for anyone who plans to attend the Advanced Aladon RCM Facilitator training or participate in the Aladon RCM Certified Facilitator Program.
Length of Course: 3 days
- Plant Managers
- Trades People
- Planners, Schedulers
- Operations Managers, Supervisors
- Maintenance Managers, Supervisors
- Engineering Managers
Prerequisites: Understanding of equipment maintenance and operations
- Textbook: RCM3 by Marius Basson
- Case Studies
- RCM3 Decision Diagram
- Risk Matrix
- Exercises and Solution Sets
- Hold an exclusive course at your facility for your employees
- Host a course at your facility for your employees and invite participants from other companies
- Attend a public course hosted by a member of The Aladon Network
Number of Participants: Maximum 20
Cost: Please contact your local Aladon Network Member for pricing.
For More Information:
To find out more about RCM3 download the brochure here.