Aladon’s Software Solution: Your One Stop Shop for Asset Strategy, Maintenance and Performance
Ready for a world-class system to manage your assets? Aladon has combined our proven strategies with customizable software so that you can maintain and optimize your assets. You’ll achieve the maximum long-term benefits of your organization’s assets at a price you can afford.
Our goal is to help you proactively manage every phase of the asset life-cycle, and we do this by delivering a portfolio of reliability and asset management training and services supported by world-class software. It’s a combination that is unmatched in the industry.
Our goal is for you to get the most efficient and effective use of your physical assets and resources
Your organization’s business success depends on your ability to deliver excellent results consistently. This means being able to get the maximum performance from every asset. By combining our thoughtware with our software, you can access the best information for tactical and strategic decisions to proactively manage your business reliably and safety.
Aladon’s software solution is designed to develop asset care strategies that meet today’s requirements of the international asset management standards, ISO 55001 and ISO 31000. Aladon’s software tracks and manages physical assets to the highest standard by translating transactional data into information, information into knowledge and knowledge into excellence so that you can make highly effective decisions.
Why Choose Aladon’s Software?
Aladon has proven thoughtware for managing the risk and reliability of physical assets, and we designed our software to seamlessly integrate with our methodologies. We used the experience we gained in the application of our award-winning methodologies to develop world-class integrated software, designed to support the work of a reliability professional.
Aladon now provides you with the tools you need to improve the way your company manages assets, control costs and boost overall productivity. Our full life-cycle methodologies are focused on increasing asset value by reducing the cost of ownership and increasing return.
Our software was designed with the following in mind:
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the facilitators (easy to use and navigate)
- Capture important information and data and share it between applications
- Provide one tool for all your assets, aligning your strategies and maintenance organization with the requirements of the International Standards for Asset and Risk Management (proactive strategy development and problem-solving)
- Integrate easily with Work Management Systems (e.g. SAP, Maximo) to provide flexibility
Our advanced software is an integral part of our reliability and asset management thoughtware. Integrating software with a methodology without sacrificing its integrity requires a complete understanding of the methodology as well as the skills to transfer the methodology to a software support tool. Our software knowledge is based on decades of providing asset management services in the military and commercial industries.
We put the cumulative experience of the global Aladon Network to work, helping us develop an integrated suite of software tools that enables a culture of proactive risk management as well as a continuous improvement. Aladon’s REW software supports the following methodologies:
- Asset Criticality and Priority Assessment (ACAP™)
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM2™/RCM3™)
- Maintenance Task Analysis(MTA™)
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
- Asset Condition Assessment (ACES)
- Risk Centered Spares (RCS™)
Expanded functionality will soon include Reliability Centered Design (RCD), Weibull Analysis and Fault Tree Analysis with many more advancements being added.
You’ll have peace of mind when you integrate Aladon’s software into your organization, thanks to our formal training, assisted implementation and product support.
I would like to take an opportunity to recognize your Software team, especially Brad, for providing excellent and quick responses and support to us during the REW rollout.
How Our Software Integrates with Our Thoughtware
- Captures the asset information in hierarchical form (ISO 14224)
- Allows you to develop an understanding of which assets are the most critical using Aladon’s Criticality Assessment (assets that impact the business the most)
- Tag assets with relevant information (barcoding and tagging)
- Prioritize the assets that would require formal evaluations using Aladon asset prioritization and strategy selection method (ACAP)
- Manage KPIs and dashboards for strategy selection for each asset in order to develop plans, timelines, training, workshops and more
- Develop maintenance and asset care strategies based on criticality and priority using the Aladon trademark methodologies (RCM2, RCM3, MTA, and more)
- Develop risk mitigation strategies and defect elimination (that may require RCD review) where failures happen using the Aladon Root Cause Failure Analysis method (RCFA)
- Provide an evaluation (snapshot) of the condition of your organization’s assets for assisting with long term planning and strategy review using the Aladon Condition Assessment method (ACES)
- Reduce risk, increase reliability and availability and produce most cost effective and safe maintenance solutions (integration of methodologies)
- Identify critical spare parts and record the spare parts at asset level using the Aladon Risk Centered Spares (RCS) methodology
- Track asset performance through integration with lab test results, equipment sensors, condition assessments, inspections (performance, temperature, vibration, oil level, etc.)
- Develop asset operating and performance scenarios and simulate reliability and availability outcomes using Reliability-Centered Design™, Monte Carlo and Weibull analysis
- Manage notifications (automated and forced), work planning and scheduling regarding asset maintenance within the software (machine learning) and to be capable of calculating future asset behavior using algorithms and Weibull analysis
- Track cost and risk (as well as forecasting and planning) associated with operating and maintaining the assets within the software based on APM, ACES, etc.
- Automate planning based on asset strategies (predictive, preventive, no scheduled maintenance) and performance indicators (automated and manual)
- Schedule work and resources based on availability of spares, people and other (cranes, scaffolding, etc.)
- Control and manage work execution, wrench-time and optimization of resources based on feedback and audits
- Track continuous improvement based on multiple criteria
- Automate notification and texting around indicators and thresholds
REW 3.0 Modules
Asset Criticality and Prioritization (ACAP)
The first critical success factor is to ensure that the asset strategy review process is performed on critical and important assets, and that work is planned as thoroughly as possible. To achieve this, it is important to rank your assets according to relative importance. Through the strong data loader, asset hierarchy information can be imported and for determining asset criticality and prioritize your assets, ACAP delivers the ranking and comparison of important attributes and business objectives.
Reliability Centered Design™ (RCD)
RCD helps reliability and design engineers integrate reliability concepts into the design process. Our systematic approach not only. Our systematic approach not only saves capital spending and design time, but also dramatically increases the return on asset value. REW 3.0 integrates the design with operations and maintenance, providing maximum efficiency and reliability at the lowest cost and risk. Through modeling and simulation, reliability, availability, buildability, operability and maintainability is addressed during design. The RCD module is coming soon.
Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
The robust Aladon RCM (RCM2™ & RCM3™) methodologies are fully supported and matched one-to-one in REW 3.0. REW 3.0 is purpose-built to optimize the value from your asset management system allowing users to select RCM2 or RCM3. The final outcome of an RCM program is the implementation of a strategy to help your team ensure that critical assets perform satisfactorily within the Operating Context. REW 3.0 allows easy and efficient data capturing and rapid implementation of the recommendations and outcomes. The RCM modules integrate with other reliability modules to ensure continuous improvement while improving data integrity and quality. MTA is used for less critical assets as determined using ACAP, ensuring all your assets are covered.
Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA)
MTA is not a zero base analysis (like RCM) and is a process designed to review existing maintenance programs and care strategies to ensure the PM tasks satisfy both criteria; technically feasible and worth doing (tasks must address failure modes and the risk). REW 3.0 fully integrates MTA with our other risk-based approaches and is designed to work in tandem with RCM and RCFA. MTA uses staging tables to support integration with Work Management Systems.
Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
RCFA is the leading methodology for determining what must be done to ensure that any negative deviation in performance for any asset or system will not happen again within tolerable levels of risk as defined in the organization’s asset management system. The decision logic within REW 3.0 assists Facilitators in selecting the correct approach, formal or informal, based on consequences and risk exposure. REW 3.0 allows the RCFA building the cause and effect diagram and drill down until the root cause has been identified.
Asset Condition Assessment (ACES)
Through ACES, equipment information and data are reviewed and analyzed to determine asset condition and remaining life. The assessment includes the collection of field data using analytical tools and drone technology in cases of hard to reach or unsafe areas. The information gathered and analyzed during an assessment is used for strategic decision making, including repair vs. replacement decisions, asset selection and evaluation, due diligence and more. REW 3.0 makes it easy to build or import assessment templates, collect data and information and add supporting documentation such as pictures and name plate data. REW 3.0 integrates the recommendations from the assessment with our other risk-based methodologies for ensuring data quality and integrity while ensuring continuous improvement.
Risk Centered Spares (RCS)
RCS is an extension of the RCM process, designed to determine the minimum amount of spares to keep for supporting maintenance and operations at all levels. REW 3.0 uses failure data and recommended risk management strategies (e.g. planned maintenance or one-time change), generated through the RCM process, to evaluate the spare part requirements. REW 3.0 captures the effects of a stock-out and uses this information and complex algorithms to calculate stocking levels. Spare parts that can be anticipated are treated differently from the ones where spare part requirements cannot be anticipated (for failure that can not be predicted or prevented). REW 3.0 uses strong algorithms for calculating optimum spare parts based on important criteria for increasing availability and reliability while lowering cost and risk.
Technical support is available via the web, by phone or email during working hours.
Functional Implementation Assistance
Functional implementation support is available to clients requiring a “Quick-Start” solution and is quoted separately.
Prices for seats, database, technical support, functional implementation and development of new requirements are available on request.
Our goal is to help you proactively manage every phase of the asset life cycle, and we do so by delivering a portfolio of reliability training and services supported by world-class software that is unmatched in the industry. Contact us to find out more.