RCM2™ Introductory Course
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to RCM2™ (RCMII™) and its principles. It is intended for those who are interested in understanding what RCM2 is and how it can be applied to define technically based maintenance and reliability programs.
The application of RCM2 challenges the traditional approach to equipment maintenance by moving you from a breakdown and repair mentality to a culture of asset management. Not only does it revolutionize views about maintenance but also about how maintenance, operations and engineering should work together to drive asset performance. RCM2 leads to a far broader and deeper understanding of the organization’s assets and provides a structured way to formally capture and transfer that knowledge to the rest of the asset stakeholders.
This introduction to RCM2 redefines your understanding of maintenance management and will completely transform the way that maintenance and operations people view the development of maintenance programs and their roles and responsibilities in that process. This course applies best practices in answering the seven questions of RCM2 using a real life, case study approach. The participants will explore the techniques required to define a maintenance program in a logical and structured way that recognizes the hidden, safety, environmental and operating consequences of failure.
By Participating You Will:
- Develop a greater awareness of the importance of asset failure consequences and how to manage them in an effective way.
- Learn the RCM2 language and its importance to maintenance, operations and engineering and their understanding of equipment operation and maintenance.
- Be able to evaluate maintenance and operational strategies that are technically feasible and worth doing while maximizing safety and environmental compliance.
- Be prepared to participate in an RCM2 analysis session as a subject matter expert.
This course is a prerequisite for anyone who plans to attend the Advanced Aladon RCM™ Facilitator training or participate in the Aladon RCM Certified Facilitator Program.
Length of Course: 3 days
- Plant Managers
- Maintenance trades
- Planners, Schedulers
- Operations Managers, Supervisors
- Maintenance Managers, Supervisors
- Engineering Managers
- Understanding of equipment maintenance and operations
- Textbook: RCMII by John Moubray
- Case Studies
- RCM2 Decision Diagram
- Exercises and Solution Sets
- Hold an exclusive course at your facility for your employees
- Host a course at your facility for your employees and invite participants from other companies
- Attend a public course hosted by a member of The Aladon Network
Number of Participants: Maximum 20
Cost: Please contact your local Aladon Network Member for pricing.
For More Information:
To find out more about RCM2 download the brochure here.